Friday, 4 April 2014

Definitely a Challenge

This month's challenge theme over at CRAFT ROOM   'Is this humour?' is an unusual theme and at first I didn't think I would come up with anything. Then hey presto! I found some  packets of ATC cards which I bought years ago from a craft catalogue.  Called 'Memories in the Making' they're made by Leisure Arts Inc. and one of the packs was funny quotes.  Then I remembered a small empty yeast tin I've been meaning to alter for holding paperclips and Bingo! 
 
 
 The light-bulb came on and I was off.  The perfect combination to bring some humour to my office desk.  Here's a view around the finished tin.
 

 
 
I started by cutting a strip of white card to fit round the tin and stamped this with Broken China DI and Crafty Individuals' CI-017 script stamp.  I ran this through a crinkle machine to give a concertina effect and stuck it round the tin with double-sided tape.
 
Having chosen the quotes I cut and inked the edges with Broken China and stuck them round the tin.  The quotes are attached to the pictures but I cut some of them away to position them on the tin. 
 
The left-over strip with the scipt stamping on was used for the sentiments.  These were stamped using Black Soot DI and Tim Holtz Stuff to Say and a free Craft Stamper Magazine stamp. 
 
If you want to see what the quotes are, here is a close-up of three of them,
 
 

 
 
 

 

6 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Sue
wow a great transformation and some brilliant quotes I love the one about ignorance and family trees gave me a chuckle
Have a great weekend
Jacki x

stampdiva said...

This is such fun!
Wishes
Lynne

Debi said...

Sue, great altered tin, and love how you've used the quotes, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Sue, great that I could challenge you! Fabulous entry, great images and sentiments.

Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

Esther said...

WOW - that was a great light bulb moment - this is fabulous ! Love those fun quotes, and great images... thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx.

Annie said...

Fabulous project Sue...love the images and quotes..made me smile

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight

Hugs Annie x