Thursday, 27 March 2014

When the Sun Sets, the Fun Starts

Here's a nice change of colour for me.  I always opt for muted greys, browns and lilac with the occasional satanic black thrown in for good measure. However, it's been pouring with rain on and off all day and not a patch of blue sky, so I decided to cheer myself up with some hot summery colours.

 
 I used Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters DI as well as StazOn black and green. Stamps used are Inkylicious twigs, Crafty Individuals' CI-176 and a free stamp from Craft Stamper Magazine. 
 
I started with the twigs in Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters, then over-stamped with  the CI stamp in green and Spiced Marmalade, masking off the post mark in the corner.  Finally, the playful hares and a final layer of twigs in black to frame the silhouette.  The CI tag was then inked round the edges with Spiced Marmalade.
 
I'm entering this into two challenges:
 
FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES - Silhouette

and

THAT'S CRAFTY  - Inky Antics

 
 

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your tag - it's very atmospheric, it nakes me think of early morning mists over the fields just as the sun is coming uup.

Fliss said...

A gorgeous tag Sue. The stamping is so beautiful and love those bunny silhouettes.
Thanks for joining in with our Inky Antics challenge at That's Crafty and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful tag, gorgeous subtle colours,

thanks for joining us at FSC

xxx Ellie xxx