Wednesday, 12 March 2014

My Lady's Desk is Ready

I was looking through the hoard of items I kept from Christmas and found a really nice tin that had my favourite chocolate gingers in.  It's the ideal shape for a pencil pot and I kept it because as you can see from the photo (or maybe not as I look at it here) it has the most sumptuous gold and bronze-coloured pattern on it.  Obviously I needed to cover up the label on the back and the small one on the front so I used a piece of rich coffee-coloured Adorable Scorable card, matting the piece for the back onto gold mirror card. 
 
 
I used Aged Gold Frantage on a Dovecraft chipboard frame and then placed a piece of the Adorable Scorable card on  the back.  The image is from Crafty Individuals' Miniatures, People and Places 2 matted onto a piece of newspaper and then inked with Vintage Photo DI. 

 
I wrapped a piece of dark brown ribbon round the tin before gluing the frame on with a hot glue gun.  Once secured, I wrapped a piece of white lace which I had sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Antique Rose and Astral Mystery to pick up the colours of the image.  The gold beaded leaf was once an earring.

 
 
Now I have a very stylish pencil pot for my desk which hopefully will fill me with inspiration.
 
 

1 comment:

stampdiva said...

This is lovely Sue.
I had to chuckle at your comment re my Giveaway - no spring clean taking place although my wee craft nook is in need of it badly. The Giveaway should have been back in December and as I had left it so long I thought it would be fun to have a month of Giveaways. Yes, I really should make room for new stash especially as I have a bundle of DT stamps heading my way - how lucky am I!
Have a lovely week.
Wishes
Lynne