Sunday, 30 March 2014

Let's Try Something Different

I bought some packs of Kraft card blanks at a recent craft event.  I thought they would make a change from the usual white and cream, especially for a more mature (very PC), masculine card.  I also purchased a selection of Imagination Craft's Sparkle Medium texture paste so I decided to combine the two: Why not?
 
I stamped over the card with Crafty Individuals' CI- 017 script stamp and Pumice Stone DI, then over stamped a few random sections with one line of the stamp using Black Soot DI. 

  
The main image is CI-295, stamped onto brown parcel paper with black heat embossing powder.  Once this was stuck onto the card, I used the Sparkle Medium in Gunmetal and Imagination Craft's diamond stencil to create the partial border.  Not too blingy, but enough to lift the card and still maintain an understated effect.

 
I'm entering this into:
 
CRAFT ROOM - Transport challenge
 
 
 

4 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

I am loving this background Sue great idea re stamping with black on sections
great design
Hope you're well
Jacki x

Zoe Sanderson said...

Beautiful card Sue I do like the stamp and the way you have used it. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Sue,
fabulous card, lovely stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

Amber Milone said...

Wonderful card! I love the image and the sparkle paste. I might have to get some of that to try out. Thank you for joining us at the Craft-Room.