Friday, 7 March 2014

A Little Texture Goes a Long Way

I finally bought some texture paste the other day, after admiring the way Lynne at ADORN uses it on her projects.  If you haven't seen Lynne's beautiful work, then pop over and be awe-struck and inspired.
 
I bought Galleria Acrylic Medium Modelling Paste because it was the only one I could find locally and after playing around with some scraps of card, I decided to use it alter a box lid.
 

 This was a small gift box which unusually was black inside and out.  I didn't want to alter it as a box and when I took the lid off, I realised that the top and bottom separately would make little frames.  So I took the lid and using a free stencil, I added the flower.  When it was dry I added another layer and when that was dry I painted it with artist's acrylic paint, mixing the yellow and red to get a nice graded orange colour.  I let this dry thoroughly then stamped over the top with Crafty Individuals' CI-017 script stamp in Black Soot DI.
 
 
Next I stamped all the elements using Black Soot.  The stamps used are: CI-131 collage of little girls; CI-239 tickets and one of the little free sentiment stamps they send with orders.
 
I really enjoyed using the texture paste and have already used some on a small glass bottle but you'll have to wait a little longer for that one.
 
I'm entering this into:  FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES  and  THAT'S CRAFTY! a new challenge blog with the first fortnightly challenge starting today.  The theme for both of these is Anything goes
 
 

6 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely bit of altering :) Thanks for joining in the first challenge over at That's Crafty :)

Meggymay said...

Fantastic altering and a great idea to use the two pies as frames. Love all the details and images. Thank you for joining ys at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Deborah said...

I love the drama of the bright colour against the black. Fabulous!

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab decorated box lid. Many thanks for taking part in the first That's Crafty! Challenge.

Mandy Chilvers said...

great entry to our first challenge! thanks for playing along with us at That's Crafty!

Ginger said...

I love this, thank you for joining in with the That@s Craft challenge. X