Sunday, 12 January 2014

Collage Your Thoughts

No excuses for the lack of posts but I'm taking back my life so here's my first (I hope of many) post for the New Year.
 
This papier mache frame was originally painted blue and had some shells on it.  I made it for my bathroom but as with a number of my projects, I decided to recycle it and make something new.  This is a nice challenge and it means that the craft work around the house is constantly changing too.
 
 
I took all the shells off and sanded down any rough bits before painting with craft acrylic paint in Vintage White.  When dry I stamped the Crafty Individuals' CI-350 lace border (one of my Christmas presents) around the edges using Distress Ink Seedless Preserve; a beautiful aubergine colour.  On the left-hand edge I then stamped one of the Tim Holtz Stuff to Say stamps using DI Black Soot over the top of the lace.  
 
 
The centre panel of the frame and the two mounted panels were all painted in the same Vintage White and then stamped using DI Pumice Stone and CI-017 script stamp.  I've found Pumice Stone to be one of the most versatile DI colours I have.  No matter what colour your background, it gives a beautiful result everytime.  The edges of the two mounted panels were then inked with Seedless Preserve and the top panel was stamped in the same colour using another of the Tim Holtz Stuff to Say stamps.
 
 
The fabric strip was frayed and then stamped using CI-017 and Pumice Stone.  Using a VersaMark ink pad, I stamped  CI-347 Butterfly Panel stamp onto some white card that had been spritzed with Glimmer Mist Sugar Maple and Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist Antique Rose and then heat embossed this with Blonde Moments Bronze powder. 
 
 
 
The individual butterflies were stamped using DI Vintage Photo onto white card that had been sprayed with the Sugar Maple.  The spiral flowers and hearts are wood cuts from a set.  The flowers were heat embossed with the bronze powder and the hearts were heat embossed with
 Frantage Aged Scarlet embossing enamel.
 
I'm entering this into the current challenge at:
 
CRAFT ROOM -  Picture Inspiration
 
Blogger Templates
 
 

5 comments:

chris cesar said...

Love so much this frame with all these butterflies, and the copper flowers! Thanks to join the craft-room for this fortnight!

hazel said...

A wonderful decorated frame, I love the sentiment, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Zoe Sanderson said...

Very Pretty Sue great idea to rework an old project and keep things fresh. XOXO Zoe

Debi said...

Sue, a very pretty creation for the start of 2014, thanks for sharing with us in our first challenge of 2014 at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Diane said...

Very pretty design Sue.

Hugs diane