Saturday, 7 December 2013

A Tale of Two Cards

More Christmas cards and unusually for me, plain simple designs using the same Darkroom Door word block stamp but different techniques. 
 
In the first card I stamped the word block using Distress Ink in Fired Brick onto a plain white card.  The purple frame is die cut using Cricut Cartridge Elegant Edges and used to focus on a small section of the wording. 
 
The border is stamped using DI Seedless Preserve and a lovely little free stamp from Crafty Individuals.
 
 
For the second stamp, I simply heat embossed the stamping with Blonde Moments, Fresh Red Iridescent powder.
 
 
The stray speckles of embossing powder gave a nice background effect which doesn't really show in this picture.
 
Anyway, before I finish this post I think that for the first time ever I'm actually going to indulge in a New Year's resolution.  Yes I can hear you all shouting, 'let's get Christmas out the way first!' but it's pertinent to this post.  Because many of the photos I post are not great and certainly don't show the colours properly, my resolution will be to improve the quality of the pictures.
 
If anyone has any hints, tips or suggestions please post them.
 
Blogger Templates
 


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Great one layer cards, I could do with paying attention to your cards and following your lead for next year as I am still in the middle of cardmaking and also my cards are very thick and heavy and we know what that means - expensive postage stamps!!!
Wishes
Lynne