Friday, 1 November 2013

New Month and a New Challenge at Altered Eclectics

It's that time again.  Where did October go? Well I know where most of it went in my corner of the universe and it wasn't on crafting because I couldn't submit my DT project for the month.  However, I'm back (almost to normal) so here's my DT project for November.
 
If it inspires you to join us at Altered Eclectics, remember we are altered art only, no paper crafts please.  If you would like more inspiration, then check out all the fantastic projects from my DT buddies at
 
 
If you've visited my blog before you will know that amongst my varied crafting techniques, I enjoy altering bottles.  So no guesses for this month's project.
 
This is how the bottle started out in life and before you ask, no I'm not the Vodka drinker in this house.
 
 
And this is the altered bottle, ready to display at Christmas.
 
 

 
   I die cut the large borders using the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge and added the snowflakes from one of the old Christmas cartridges.  I layered these up with some red mirror card, adding some dots of Stickles in Xmas red - what else?

 
As you can see from this close-up, the bottle is actually frosted so I left the middle section uncovered and used Crafty Individuals' Christmas deer stamp CI-332 and black StazOn to stamp directly onto the glass.  I didn't mount the stamp on a block but very carefully pressed it onto the glass.  Take care when doing this as it can easily smudge, however, if you have a nappy wipe to hand and immediately clean it off, you should be able to start again.  Of course I had to give Rudolph a red nose, courtesy of the Stickles. 
 
 
As you can see from this close-up, because the glass is frosted whatever colour is behind it is diffused like a light.  In this instance it is the orange and yellow colours of the curtains.
 
 I can't remember where the Merry Christmas stamp came from but I used red StazOn to stamp onto the glass and Distress Ink Fired Brick to stamp the sentiment at the top. 
 
 
 
The round tag was stamped using DI Fired Brick and the free reindeer stamp with the December 2011 issue of Craft Stamper Magazine
 
Blogger Templates
 
 

2 comments:

stampdiva said...

A wonderful alteration project Sue and I like the Scandanavian style to it.
Wishes
Lynne

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I love this. Do you enjoy emptying the bottle before hand lol. Expect to see lots of altered bottles come new year hun lol. So pleased you are an Altered Eclectic gal x