Thursday, 21 November 2013

Deck The Halls With Boughs of Holly and Decorate The Tree With Used Rolls of Tape

I don't know about you but I find myself hoarding things 'just-in-case'.  Now I use the super-sticky red plastic double-sided tape for my scrapbooking, which comes on a very sturdy white plastic roll.  I've kept loads of these in different widths because I've always felt that they could come in handy one day.  Well my 'just-in-case' mentality has finally paid dividends.
 
I made a pretty tree decoration out of one the narrow rolls, which I bound with wide silver ribbon, leaving enough at the start to tie in a double knot when I'd gone round the whole roll.  The silver balls were rescued from last year's Christmas crackers - see, I told you I could use them! 

 
Next I ran a piece of white vellum through the Cuttlebug using the snowflake embossing folder and then cut a round to fit the back of the roll and glued this into place using Glossy Accents.  The reindeer stamp was free with the December 2011 issue of Craft Stamper magazine, stamped with Blonde Moments Savoury Sky Iridescent. 

 
 
Blogger Templates

 

1 comment:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What fantastic recycling Sue! I have thrown out loads of these empty tape rolls over the years, but I will definitely be keeping them from now-on!
This really is a fabulous creation - thanks for sharing!
Sylvia x