Sunday, 3 November 2013

A Rustic Christmas Wreath


I saw this small willow wreath in Hobbicraft and decided it would make an attractive rustic wreath using just paper, no flowers or foliage.
 
 
I started by cutting small rectangles of red and green spotted paper, approximately 4.25 cm by 4 cm, which I distressed lightly on the shortest sides.  I rolled these tightly around a pencil and secured them with double-sided tape to make 8 tubes of each colour.  These were stuck together with double-sided tape and a small piece of natural coloured raffia was tied around each little bundle.
 
 
 
I made the ribbon hanger for the top and then stuck the rolled paper bundles around the wreath using a hot glue gun and tied lengths of raffia in between each set. 
 
  
 
Blogger Templates
 

No comments: