Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Something New - Also Blue

Over at CRAFT ROOM the current challenge is Something New, as in new stash or new idea and it's a great way of getting stuck into new crafting goodies or trying out that idea you saw last year in a magazine or on the web.

I recently bought a set of round, stacking boxes for altering and they've been sitting on the windowsill in front of my craft table waiting for inspiration.  I also bought some new FranTage colours so I've combined the two.


This is the smallest box which I painted with pale blue crafter's acrylic paint then spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Astral and Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.  When dry I used a large heart stamp and Blonde Moments Embossing Powder in Savoury Sky Iridescent to heat emboss the pattern round the base of the box.  I put the stamp on an acrylic block and rolled it around the base, only using the top half of the stamp. 

I stuck the lace and ribbon round the lid with Glossy Accents then used Ultra Thick Embossing powder in silver on the lid, mixing this with a little of the blue before the under layer was completely cold.  

I used a small piece of wide blue lace which I pleated and fixed at one end with the brad before fanning the lace flower out.  The two butterflies were cut using the Cricut Indie Art cartridge, covered with Shabby Blue FranTage embossing powder then layered and stuck to the lace.



Blogger Templates


6 comments:

stampdiva said...

Very pretty.
Wishes
Lynne

Debi said...

Sue, looking Fab! glad that my challenge finally you inspired to start on the boxes :-) thanks for sharing with us at the Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Von said...

Such a pretty box for the craft room challenge :)
Von ☺

Zoe Sanderson said...

Such a pretty box great alteration loving all your shades of blue. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

Hi Sue

This is absolutely beautiful! The UTEE on the lid looks fantastic and I love the stamping around the base. Gorgeous shades of blue. Thanks for joining in with our Something New challenge over at Craft-Room.

Maria xx

Esther said...

Hi Sue - Thank you for sharing your lovely box with us at Craft-Room - the UTEE looks gorgeous, and the stamping round the edge so clever..Esther xx