Saturday, 31 August 2013

Anything Goes with Sewing Ephemera

I managed to squeeze in some more crafting time to produce this little project for two challenges:  

 CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS - Anything Goes
and

I used a Crafty Individuals' wooden box shrine which I bought from them about 2 years' ago.  It has always made me think of a shop window, or shop shelves and so it seemed perfect for this project.  I painted it with some pale cream acrylic paint then spritzed it lightly with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.  I stuck a piece of the printed ribbon I bought recently down the right-hand side, pushing it into the squares (you can see the printed image of the woman).  I placed a piece of lace in  the top left-hand square and the pearls between the two recesses.


 Next I sprayed a piece of white card with the Glimmer Mist and wiped it over the card with a piece of sponge.  When dry I used Distress Ink in Black Soot to stamp the CI-306, Corset stamp.  I cut out all the elements from this and stuck them on with small 3-D foam squares, stacking these up on some of the corsets so they were raised.



I wound some embroidery thread round two mini wooden cotton reels and added the tape measure ribbon and the metal scissors also from Crafty Individuals.  


Blogger Templates


5 comments:

stampdiva said...

Sue
This is such a pretty challenge entry, lovely use of the CI stamps.
Wishes
Lynne

Yvonne Garner said...

Oh how pretty! Love how you put this together. Thanks for joining us at FSC!

Shirley Chillman said...

Such inspirational use of those gorgeous CI stamps. A beautiful treasured keepsake.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Jean Hardy said...

I love your entry Sue - gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge for August. Jean x

Esther said...

Hi Sue - so sorry for the last minute visit but thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...love the soft colours, the glimmer mist really adds some beautiful shimmer and you've added so many gorgeous details - just stunning, Esther xx