Thursday, 1 August 2013

Altered Bottle for Altered Eclectics

It's the first of the month and that means another challenge over at ALTERED ECLECTICS.  Remember no ATCs, layouts, cards, tags or any other paper craft project, altered art only.

Here's my DT piece, an altered cider bottle.




In case you're wondering, I used most of the cider in a chicken pie and drank what was left.  Well you have to, don't you?


I've used the fabulous Viva Decor Croco Crackle paint on this; the first time I've used it and I really like the finish.  If you are using this on glass or other non-porous surfaces, you need to give the piece a coat of the Croco base paint or primer first.  I chose Blackberry Croco Crackle for this which is a lovely deep purple colour.  When dry I brushed a little of the Viva Precious Metal in silver randomly over small sections to add a bit more interest.


The flowers were made using the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge to die cut several layers which were  covered with aged bronze and aged scarlet Fran tage.  The leaves are a free stamp from the September 2011 issue of Craft Stamper Magazine, covered with aged teal Fran tage.



Blogger Templates


5 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is right up my street and so fandabbydozy. Love the crackle effect too. Hope the cider was just as tasty xx

Patricia said...

Oh my gosh! I love it. Great job teamie!

Laurian said...

I love this Sue, that crackle effect is amazing - I would never think of using something like that but wow I really must learn!
xx

stampdiva said...

Wonderful texture you achieved.
Wishes
Lynne

Moira Gray said...

Fabulous altered make.

Moira