Wednesday, 24 July 2013

How to Display Air Plants or Another Altered Bottle

Boo hoo!! Holidays are over but at least it's still warm here.  Usually we come back and it's cold and miserable but even with the warm weather, the Margaritas don't taste quite the same.  

Amongst our shopping, we bought some more air plants home as the one plant I had looked a bit lonely.  I've had it about 5 years now and they're easy to keep if you remember to spray them with water a couple of times a week.  I wanted some way of displaying them which is fairly easy really, given that they don't grow in anything and to that end I also bought some sea urchin shells and a couple of small clam shells.   I opted to alter a glass bottle and the square-shaped Glava bottle I'd kept was perfect.

I started by covering the entire bottle roughly with natural coloured raffia, using Glossy Accents glue:  messy but successful.  I removed the cap and tied some 'hairy' string around the neck.


 Using a hot glue gun I glued the sea urchin and clam shells around the bottle, finishing with one on top.  A few smaller shells were added for decoration.


The air plants sit perfectly in the shells and are easy to remove for spraying.


I hope you've managed to join us over at ALTERED ECLECTICS for our first challenge.  If not there's still time so click the link and check out the fantastic DT inspirational projects and the amazing entries we've had.   The new monthly challenge goes live on the first of each month and the theme is always the same - Anything Goes.  We are an Altered Art Challenge so please, NO papercrafts, cards, ATCs, etc.  The DTs will choose a winner, two runners up and Top 5 each month so come and join the fun. 
Blogger Templates


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

This is really wonderful!
Wishes
Lynne