Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Faux Glass Photo Frame

I really enjoyed altering the glass photo frame for my DT piece for Altered Eclectics but it's quite a large frame and needs a sturdy surface to stand on.  That got me thinking that a small, less fragile frame would be nice and I wondered whether I could make a faux glass photo frame that would look as good. 

And here it is so what do you think?


I used a piece of white parchment as I wanted an opaque quality rather than a solid background but you could use white or coloured card.  I chose a swirl frame embossing folder and measured the length then doubled this and cut my parchment to that size.  This meant I could emboss one end, then turn the parchment round and emboss the other end to give a double frame that would fold.  I then scored down the centre and folded the parchment in half.


I used a VersaMark ink pad to swipe across the raised, embossed surface and silver embossing powder to create the metallic look of the frame.  I stuck this to a piece of silver mirror board slightly bigger than the parchment and then stuck this to a piece of acetate, leaving a border around the edge of the mounted frame. I inked the edge of the acetate in gold StazOn and added the pearls in each corner.    The frame stands up nicely and because it's not fragile, it doesn't matter if it falls down. Perfect for your desk at work.


Blogger Templates


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

A lovely idea.
This would be the perfect gift for someone who often travelled away from home. They could have photos of their loved ones.
Wishes
Lynne