Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Another Birthday, Another Card

I wanted to make a simple but elegant card for a close family member, although you might disagree with the simple bit.  To clarify, I usually go to town with ribbons, lace, stamping and embellishments but decided on a change.  


I knew I wanted to use the Bonsai stamp from my Kanban set and made this the focal point.  Using a white card blank and the cherry blossom stamp from the same set, I used black embossing powder to create the floral pattern around the edge of the card.  I did the same with the a smaller piece of white card and then stamped the Bonsai using white embossing powder.  A little black and white ribbon and the card was ready to layer up, using dimensional foam to raise the two top layers.  A bit of pearly bling and it was finished.  A subtle but effective card and yes I know, it's monochrome - again. 

I'm entering this the following challenge:

CRAFT ROOM - Heat Embossing

Blogger Templates


5 comments:

Maria said...

This is beautiful Sue, and very striking. Your embossing is fabulous! Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room this fortnight.

Maria x

stampdiva said...

There is a lovely understated elegance to this card Sue.
Wishes
Lynne

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Sue, an elegant and effective card in the monochrome colour scheme. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Wishes, Suzanne x

Debi said...

Lovely to see you at Craft Room Challenge again Sue, this is a lovely card, love the tree stamp and how you've embossed it in white, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Esther said...

A beautiful card - stunning black and white, thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft - Room, Esther xx