Monday, 1 July 2013

Altered Eclectics Challenge - My First DT Post

Yes, this is my first DT post for the new 'Anything Goes' Altered Art Challenge Blog,

This is an ALTERED ART ONLY challenge, no ATCs, cards, layouts or any other paper crafts please.  There will be one winner, two runners up and top five each month, all chosen by the DT so if you're picked, it's because we really loved your project. Click the link and pop over to take part in the first of many altered art challenges, where your imagination is the only limit.  

So without further ado, here's my project - an altered glass photo frame.


Now don't laugh, but as usual I forgot to take a piccie before I started but you've seen these curved glass photo frames in the shops I'm sure.  I got this one from a local charity shop for 99p, so well worth popping in for a browse.  

I started by cleaning the glass thoroughly then very carefully (no joke) stamped the sentiment on the right-hand side of the frame directly onto the glass using StazOn black ink.  The stamp is from Tim Holds  'Stuff to Say'.  I mounted the stamp right on the edge of a stamping block and very gently pressed it onto the front of the glass.  It took half a dozen attempts before I managed to get an image that wasn't completely smudged but well worth it.  Leave to dry thoroughly before touching it though.


Next I cut the border on the left using Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge and Imaginisce Black Tie Optional, Mayan Nights card stock.  (I think this is discontinued now, sorry).  I die cut the flowers using the same paper and Imaginisce Black Tie Optional, Kitsch n Floral paper using the Flower Cartridge.  These were then layered up using some plain white paper flowers and pearls.  A lace circle with a cameo, some strips of pearls and a couple of hat pins completed the transformation.  I used Glossy Accents to stick all the embellishments on.

Now it's ready for a nice photo.

I look forward to seeing your projects over at Altered Eclectics.

Blogger Templates


7 comments:

Sandie said...

Such a beautiful frame Sue,I love the monochrome theme,just gorgeous.

Hugs
Sandie x (teamie)

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
Congratulations on your first DT post.
Wonderful alteration.
Wishes
Lynne

Moira Gray said...

Great DT piece, glad to working with you on Altered Eclectics.

Moira xxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Sue I love what you have done to your frame. I often forget to take a before pic so it not just you lol. Your project is beautiful and am so pleased you are on the team. Hugz Elaine xx

Patricia said...

Can't believe I am the first to tell you how beautiful your project it. I so understand stamping on a slick surface. Nicely done. Glad to be on team with you.

Moira Gray said...

Fantastic make, great to be on Altered Eclectic DT with you.

Moira xx

Vickie Y said...

I LOVE your altered frame creation. It is so much fun being on the DT with all of the creative designers!