Tuesday, 18 June 2013

I Tried Something New

Over at
FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES
the current theme is 
'Show Us a New Style/ Show Us Something New'.

We all like to experiment with new products and techniques from time-to-time and I've been meaning to have a go at triple heat embossing but never got around to it.  So this was the perfect opportunity.

Using Distress Inks, I made this hanging from very thick card, inking both pieces with Vintage Photo and edging with Black Soot.  I used Pumice Stone to stamp the script with Crafty Individuals' CI-017 and then over stamped with CI-255 in Vintage Photo.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz 'Stuff to Say'.


Using Blonde Moments Ultra Thick Embossing Powder in Suet Silver, I triple embossed three corner sections on the base and used stamps free with Craft Stamper Magazine to emboss the images while the powder was still hot.


For my first attempt, I'm pleased with the way the embossed images turned out, particularly the words. I did wonder if they would just merge into a grungy mess but they didn't, although I've missed the 't' off the end of 'Fugit'.  I'll definitely be trying more of this technique in the future though.


Blogger Templates



3 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

This looks fabulous Sue. I've not tried triple embossing but you have sure got lovely clean stamping into it. Nicola x

Ephemera said...

Hi Sue the silver embossing looks really lush and rich and is a beautiful backdrop to that fab Tim quote. A really lovely hanging. Thanks for sharing it with us at FSC. XX

Meggymay said...

Wonderful hanging, your embossing looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay