Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Flight of the Imagination

Finally, I've finished altering the bird cage tea light holder and I'm really pleased with it. 


 I used Stampendous Fran-tage Embossing Enamels in Aged Scarlet, Aged Bronze and Aged Teal with a Ranger Emboss It Dabber and IndigoBlu Mega-Flakes, Manchester Tart, with FlitterGlu. 

I've always liked this tea light holder but felt that the leaves and grape vine on the front were too pale and insignificant.  I wanted to leave the main cage cream but decided to use the Fran-tage to colour these decorations.  I didn't know if it would stick or completely ruin it but luckily it worked a treat. 


 I cut a selection of butterflies from thick card using the Cricut and Indie Art cartridge and sprayed the back of each one with gold spray, then mixed the embossing enamels on the butterflies to give each one random colour.  For the large butterfly inside the cage, I pieced together two die cuts.  One covered with Mega-Flakes and a slightly smaller one covered with Fran-tage. All the butterflies are stuck on with a hot glue gun and although they have adhered,  some are a little precarious because the bars of the cage are very narrow. 


The label is cut from thick card sprayed with gold and then edged with a little of the teal and scarlet enamel.  The sentiment is stamped using black StazOn and is part of a stamp from the Ranger 'Stuff to Say' set.  Due to the gold spray the stamping has a nice faded quality which suits the whimsical nature of the piece.



Blogger Templates


1 comment:

Ephemera said...

Hi Sue, such a stunning transformation, those frantage butterflies are just gorgeous and the gold sentiment matches it perfectly, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog too. xx