Thursday, 14 March 2013

My Girl

I recently found this picture of Louise, aged about 15, in my laptop's picture archive whilst searching for another photo.  I had intended to make a scrapbook layout with this image a long time ago but didn't get around to it.

As the current theme over at FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES is 'Swirls' I decided to use this on the layout and instead of using lots of embellishments and die cuts, I stamped all the images on the background.


Starting with white card which has an embossed swirl design, I used Distress Ink in Broken China and StazOn Blue for all the stamping, to reflect the colours of the bed quilt (which I made many years ago in the Log Cabin pattern).  The swirls are from an American stamp set, the heart is from the February 2012 issue of Craft Stamper Magazine and the button flower is from the March 2011 issue, with blue embroidery floss stitched through the middle.


The photo mat has been dry embossed using a Cuttlebug and a swirl embossing folder to give texture and tie-in with the challenge theme.

The chipboard 'My' is from a K&Co. alphabet set but was the wrong colour so I heat embossed the letters with Blonde Moments, Savoury Sky Iridescent blue.   

Blogger Templates





3 comments:

Dawn said...

Really cool page!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful layout, the background looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Claire said...

Hi there, what a gorgeous layout. Beautiful stamping. Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
Claire xx