Monday, 11 March 2013

Don't You Love Playing With New Products

It's always fun trying a new product out to see how it performs.  We visited the Hobbycrafts Show in Glasgow at the weekend and I bought some wonderful Fran-tage embossing enamel.  I've seen it used on different projects but never tried it myself and I love it. I also bought a couple of embossing folders and so made this quick little card using both my new purchases.


The embossing folder is not a well-known brand but it worked beautifully with my Cuttlebug, embossing a lovely grungy aperture with butterflies, flowers and spots.  The embossing was really deep so I swiped a VersaMark ink pad (instead of the dabber) across the embossed design and sprinkled it with Aged Teal embossing enamel.  After tipping off the excess powder, I brushed more off with my fingers to leave a light dusting of powder to add to the overall grungy feel of the card.


The butterfly was cut using the Cricut Indie Art cartridge from thick card, then covered with the same embossing enamel to give a mock verdigris finish.

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Such a pretty effect.
Wishes
Lynne