Sunday, 24 March 2013

A Year In Bloom


Over at CRAFT ROOM the current challenge is 'In the Garden - Anything but a card'.  

A couple of years ago I bought a cheap set of 12 floral stamps, one for each month of the year and whilst I've used them individually, I've never used the whole set together.  This seemed the ideal opportunity and I decided to make a little floral album showing A Year In Bloom


I started with two strips of Bazzill Basics black card 10cm wide x 30cm long.  I then scored and folded this so I had two 12cm wide sections and one 6cm wide section.  I joined the two strips together at the 6cm wide section so this was in the middle of the album for added interest.

The front cover is an Indigoblu stamp I was lucky enough to win last year when I joined a blog hop. The floral stamps are from the (very) cheap set bought on ebay and the garden equipment, butterfly and sentiment stamps are part of a small job lot of about 15 stamps, also bought on ebay.




Now I don't possess any Pro Markers or the like as colouring-in stamped images does not appeal to me.  However, as I paint watercolours I don't need them anyway.  I used my small, pocket Winsor & Newton paint set, which has solid half pans of paint, to paint the images and then inked the edges with Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters as green is the only uniform colour on each page.  A little ribbon tie and an album title completed the project.






Blogger Templates

6 comments:

stampdiva said...

A beautiful idea Sue and that stamp on the cover is so sweet and delicate.
Wishes
Lynne

Zoe Sanderson said...

Gosh Sue what a great show case for your stamp set this is a delightful album. Thank you for sharing once again with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Debi said...

Sue, This is just lovely, love the colours, thanks for joining us again at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Wow, Sue! This is a lovely album perfect for the challenge in every way. Thank you for playing along with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne xx

Leikkaan Mervi said...

hi Sue what a beautiful flovery album, so lovely creation!
Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge! Have you noticed we have GDT spots open! good luck;-))m

Esther said...

This is a beautiful little album Sue - lovely painting and perfect showcase for your stamps..Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-room..Esther xx