Saturday, 23 February 2013

Remember Paris

Here's another altered bottle, this time with a Parisian theme and I'm entering this into the 
CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS' challenge 'For My Friend'.


I started with an empty Disaronno bottle and a piece of A4 smooth white card which I sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Astral Mystery.  Once dry I cut 3 pieces to fit the front and back of the bottle.  I tore round the edges of each piece and inked with Distress Ink in Broken China.

The sprayed pieces were then randomly stamped with Crafty Individuals' CI-017 script stamp in DI Pumice Stone.  Onto one piece I glued the image of the 3 friends which is from CI Miniatures, People and Places.  I brushed the edges of the image with Designers' White Gouache to soften it a little first.  The Eiffel Tower is a Clarity stamp and was heat embossed onto acetate using Blonde Moments, Savoury Sky Iridescent embossing powder.


The lace was originally white but I sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Patina, then tied it around the bottle, gluing the back with a little Glossy Accents.  I tied a double knot in the front and then added the turquoise brad.  

One piece of the sprayed card was stuck to the back and one piece was stuck at an angle on the front.  The second stamped piece I edged with cream lace using double-sided tape before sticking over the first piece.

I heat embossed the entire lid with the blue embossing powder which covered the gold lettering around the edges and added the cream trim.  The miniature Eiffel Tower was in fact a key ring with the key chain removed.  This was hot glued to the lid.  The sentiments were stamped onto the remaining sprayed card using a selection of CI stamps.

Blogger Templates


6 comments:

June Macfarlane said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Sue about my tag.
I love this piece, i adore anything 'Paris' and especially shabby chic. Beautiful work my friend
hugs June x

Jean Hardy said...

What a great Challenge entry Sue - very imaginatively put together, and very 'French' and friendly. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jean x

stampdiva said...

Sue
This is a fabulous altered bottle. Such a gorgeous shade of blue and beautiful use of CI stamps and images.
Thank you for joining us at the CI Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Netty said...

Gorgeous altered bottle, loving all the textures and wow am so loving that fab feather. Annette x

nefertiti said...

Original and wonderful creation!!!!I love it!!bizz

Daniele said...

what a great alltered bottle and I bet you enjoyed the contents as well, thanks for joining us at Crafty Individuals this month
hugs