Thursday, 28 February 2013

Now For Something A Little Different

Trying to avoid stereotype images for male cards, particularly for older men, is quite difficult.  I made this card for an elderly uncle's birthday and last year I used a lovely vintage car image but this time I really wanted to try something different.   Then I saw the challenge themes at two of my favourite challenge blogs and the colour scheme was already sorted outed for me.  So I'm entering this card into two challenges:

FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES - 'Red, Black and Brown' 
and
CRAFT ROOM  - 'Something For a Man' 


I started with a blank white card and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Fired Brick.  Then I used a piece of black Bazzill Bling cardstock as a matt, wrapping brown ribbon round the bottom third before sticking down.

Using plain white card I used the Fired Brick to ink all over then sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.  When this was dry I die cut the two tags using Cricut cartridge, Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.  On one tag I used a music score stamp and  DI Vintage Photo.  I stamped the clocks, Crafty Individuals' stamp CI-255, onto the plain tag and the owl, a free stamp from Indigoblu, onto the music score tag, both in black StazOn.  The fob watch on the owl tag was free with the February 2011 issue of Craft Stamper Magazine and also stamped in black.  The sentiment is from a Woodware sentiments collection.

Blogger Templates


4 comments:

craft-roomjulia said...

Hi Sue, this is a beautifully masculine card. I love the tags, and the fired brick ink looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxx

Esther said...

A great card with two fab tags...you've avoided the stereotypical male card beautifully..Great stamping and lovely use of our colours..Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

Debi said...

Sue, I just love the owl tag, great male card, thanks for sharing with us again at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.