Saturday, 2 February 2013

From The Heart

Not a complete project today (at least, not yet) but the embellishments that will make a completed project.

I started with a large die cut heart, cut using Cricut cartridge Indie Art with the shadow function on and two smaller hearts from a pack received as a gift.  I used VersaMark ink to cover each of the hearts and sprinkled Blonde Moments, Bronze embossing powder, covering the whole surface and heat embossed.  Next I used a small piece of Cut n Dry foam and 'splodged' the VersaMark randomly over the top and heat embossed again with silver, which merged into the bronze without leaving hard lines.  On the large heart, the bronze round the edge has got a lovely hammered effect, purely by accident.  Don't you just love happy accidents.



I then used a large heart stamp with a lovely swirly pattern to heat emboss over the top in black embossing powder.  The pattern covered the two small hearts completely giving a lovely filigree effect.


I was aiming for a more masculine look with these hearts and am pleased with the metallic effect I've created.   I don't know yet how I will use them but when the project is complete, I'll post the pictures.

Blogger Templates



No comments: