I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and are ready to meet the crafting challenges of 2013 head on.
I've decided to try out some new projects this year (fingers crossed anyway) and the first one really kind of 'fell in my lap'. First over at FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES the current theme is 'Surprise Us', so anything goes as long as there is some stamping but no digis allowed. Then I had a couple of wine bottles which I kept (as you do) because just before Christmas I had been blog cruising and found some beautiful altered bottles which I fancied trying.
So here you have it - my first craft project of the year and I'm very pleased with my modest efforts.
This bottle was a nice shape and I wanted to keep it fairly clear so you could see through it. As I had a small quantity of almost dry glass paint, I used it to paint a few freehand daisy-like flowers first before using StazOn inks in black and blue to stamp the images around the bottom.
These are Inkylicious stamps, Willow Twigs and Make a Wish, dandelions. After some thought about how to get the images onto the bottle I opted for placing the stamps onto the acrylic block laying flat on the table and then pressed and rolled the bottle over the top of the inked stamp. It worked quite well and the slightly ragged, faded image in places adds to the charm. I also stamped a few random flower heads using a stamp from an American flower set.
With the stamping on the bottle completed I fished through my box of trims and found the smoky brown beaded trim which I stuck in place using the very strong, red double-sided tape. I get through a lot of this tape which comes on very useful white plastic rings, all of which I keep for a rainy day. I used one of these to make the collar, covering it first with blue ribbon and then adding the beaded trim. The lace around the stopper was white but I spritzed it with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Astral Mystery.
The Cologne label is Crafty Individuals' CI-341, stamped using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo onto white card which had been sprayed with the Cosmis Shimmer and Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread, with the narrow Cologne label around the top of the bottle, just under the stopper. I cut a few of the large beads from the backing ribbon and using a hot glue gun, stuck them to the stopper and also hot glued the collar to the bottle.
If you would like to see some truly stunning altered art bottles here are a few websites to check out: