Wednesday, 16 January 2013

For My Valentine

The current challenge theme over at CRAFT ROOM is Valentines, any way you want to interpret it, so I decided to make a tag.


I used white card which I spritzed with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread, then stamped with Crafty Individuals' CI-017 script stamp using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.  I cut the card into a tag shape, rounding the corners and then randomly stamped the 'Love,Wish, Dream' sentiment from Stampers Anonymous, Stuff to Say, in  Fired Brick.  I started by stamping the image onto scrap paper once to give a lighter impression and finished by stamping just the word 'Love' several times using the first inking to make it stand out. Onto another piece of the spritzed card I stamped the sentiment again, cutting each word out and decoupaging over the same word on the tag using 3D foam pads.  

I chose a lovely purple mirror card to mount the tag onto which made the Fired Brick ink really pop off the tag.

Blogger Templates


3 comments:

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
Having the words at different levels creates wonderful interest.
Wishes
Lynne

Nikki Byrne said...

Wonderful valentine tag!! Great stamping. Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge. Good luck

Hugs

NIKKI DT

Maria said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love these stamps, and the mirror card does really makes the red stand out. I've just received some of these glimmer mists at Christmas time, but have yet to try them out. Thanks for joining in with our Valentine theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x