Sunday, 27 January 2013

A Hearty ATC

With Valentine's Day looming I decided to make this ATC in shades of blue instead of the traditional red. 

I started by cutting my ATC card to size from a piece of pearlescent blue card, then cutting a piece of chipboard slightly smaller so when matted, there would be a small border of light blue.  I painted the chipboard with dark blue ink and then using the long edge of a VersaMark stamp pad made diagonal lines of varying widths across the card, which I then heat embossed with Blonde Moments, Savoury Sky Iridescent powder.

Using the free stamp from the February 2012 issue of Craft Stamper magazine, I stamped the heart at the top left of the card and heat embossed using clear powder.   I then cut two small hearts, one from chipboard and one from the  pearlescent blue card.  I stamped this one with a swirly heart pattern and heat embossed with the blue powder. The chipboard heart was covered with pale blue dotted paper.  I used a Papermania embossing marker to dot the dots (if you see what I mean) and used the blue embossing powder for these as well.  I finished both hearts off with an edge of Stickles in Turquoise and stuck the dotted heart on with 3D foam pads for added dimension.

This is one of two ATCs I'll make for a regular private swap but I'm also entering this into two blog challenges this month:

and 
CRAFT ROOM  - Monochrome

Blogger Templates


8 comments:

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
I like the bold use of colour on this, such a change from pink and red.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC this fortnight.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful ATC, love all the shades of blue and the texture.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Schäfchen said...

Wow - it`s great - I love it

Sue C said...

Beautiful ATC Sue ! Love the change of colour from the traditional red ! Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

Maria said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love your choice of colour for this, and the embossing is fabulous. Thanks for joining in with our Monochrome challenge over at the Craft-Room this fortnight.

Maria x

Mrs.B said...

Great ATC, love the different textures, and a great colour.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril x

Sternchen said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Fliss said...

Really lovely creation. Thanks for entering our FSC show some love challenge.
Fliss x