Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Home Sweet Home Recycled

Every now and then I look at a piece of work I did some time ago and decide it's no longer my style.  Not a problem because most of things can be recycled into a new piece of work and nothing could be easier than changing a canvas.  This one was originally blue with bunting along the top and I made it to hang in my kitchen for shopping lists.  It will have the same purpose but a very different look.


First I stripped off  all the embellishments and repainted the edges of my canvas with pale cream acrylic paint before adhering a piece of script paper from a Craft Creations Victorian Kitchen paper pack.

Next I die cut the lettering using the Cricut and Don Juan cartridge.  The large letters that spell home were cut separately and are 4.5cm high.  The words 'sweet' and 'home' are 2.25cm high and were joined together using a Gypsy design tool before cutting.  All the words were then painted with pale blue acrylic paint and over stamped with CI-017 Script stamp.  The large letters using Distress Ink in Broken China and the small words in Tea Dye.


The image is Crafty Individuals' CI-269 stamped using DI ink in Vintage Photo onto a thick piece of white card, coloured with DI Broken China.  

The strip at the bottom is cut from the Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby paper pad and stamped with a CI key stamp (free with an order) in Vintage Photo. It is open at the top to hold shopping lists or they can be clipped under the peg which was originally blue so I painted it cream and stamped with CI-017  in Broken China.

I'm entering this into the current FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES 'Home Sweet Home' theme.

Blogger Templates


5 comments:

stampdiva said...

I've been known to do the same thing Sue, it can be fun to re-cycle in this way.
Such a lovely hanging with a perfect shabby chic style and I like the way you incorporated the CI stamp.
Thank you for joining us at FSC this fortnight.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful home decoration, love all the details. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Meggymay said...

Great recycling. Its a beautiful hanging. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne

Claire said...

what a brilliant way to recycle your project, the finished result it stunning. I love the colours and the stamps you've used are fab. Thanks for joining us at FSC this time
Claire xx

Fliss said...

A beautiful piece of altering Sue. The stamped panel looks lovely and goes so well with all the elements on your creation.
Thanks for sharing this with us at FSC.
Fliss x