Saturday, 17 November 2012

Christmas Baubles and a Half

Once again I've been tidying up my craft drawers trying to find something when I stumbled across a set of clear plastic Crystal Domes.  You know what I mean.  They're like one half of a globe with a flat edge for sticking to cards.   I think they came with another purchase I made sometime ago and I put them away because I didn't think I would use them; not for card making anyway.  However, when I found them again I thought they'd make a great Christmas decoration, so here's the result.  


Now I could have stuck two together to make a globe but decided to have a flat, card backing so using  white Bazzill Bling, I die cut a large, circular snowflake using the Cricut and Elegant Edges cartridge which I then spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Astral Mystery.  Using the Crystal Dome as a template I cut a piece of white card to fit exactly behind it and ran it though the Cuttlebug using a Snowflake embossing folder and stuck this to the centre of the large Snowflake.

I stamped the Crafty Individuals' CI-332 stamp onto white card using Distress Ink in Broken China, tore round the image and stuck to the edge of the white circle.  

I stamped the snowflake, free with the December issue of Craft Stamper magazine, onto acetate and heat embossed with Personal Impressions Silver Dollar and Blonde Moments' Savoury Sky Iridescent embossing powders.  When dry I cut these out and stuck to the card.  


I used Ranger Stickles in Turquoise and Strawberry Ice to add the dots on the inside of the Crystal Dome before gluing into place.  I added a few gems and the silver balls which were saved from last year's Christmas Crackers to finish this frosty decoration.

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Now this is a clever idea Sue.
Your home is going to look so beautiful with all those decorations.
Wishes
Lynne