Sunday, 28 October 2012

Let's Go Oriental

It's ages since I posted as I've been tied up with other things.  However, at the last minute, here's my entry for the 
CRAFT ROOM challenge 'Going Oriental'. 

I painted the small canvas with artists's acrylic in Black Mars and then cut six twinchies from red card.  These are squares of card 2" x 2".  After heat embossing the edges of the twinchies with Blonde Moments Fresh Red Iridescent, I heat embossed the individual images from a Kanban Chinese stamp set using black embossing powder.  I stamped each image on paper as well to form a mask and used these to cover the embossed images while I stamped over the top using gold StazOn and a large blossom stamp from the same set.  This gave a nice, subtle background to each twinchie.  These were then glued into place using Glossy Accents.

To finish the hanging I sprayed four wooden chopsticks with gold spray paint and using the hot glue gun, stuck them to the sides of the canvas.  Then I twisted red and black embroidery floss together to bind each corner.


Blogger Templates


4 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

Hi Sue, we seem to have missed you the last couple of challenges, or perhaps I did not look hard enough! Great to see you again and with another fabulous creation love it. thank you for making and sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

A wonderful piece, I love the red and black. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Maria said...

A stunning creation Sue, I love how you've done this, and the chopsticks make a perfect frame. Thanks for joining us over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria xxxxx

Debi said...

Sue,
this is a great oriental piece, love the simplicity, thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge Again :-) Debi x