Thursday, 4 October 2012

Last Year's Memories

Whilst sorting out my Christmas paper stock I found a picture of Louise taken last Christmas as she was about to hand all the presents out from under the tree.  I had the camera poised and was quick enough when she turned round with that beautiful, beaming smile that just sums up Christmas.  She hasn't lost that magical feeling you get when you wake up on Christmas morning and I hope she never does.  She's 23 now but she'll still be as excited about  this Christmas as she was as a toddler.

I'd obviously printed this out to scrap but I think at the time couldn't get a layout together because of the colours.  You can just see the tree and some of the presents but that blue dressing gown dominates the picture.  Not this time though because as soon as I looked at it I decided to go with a non-Christmas layout and just give a passing nod to the season with a few simple embellishments.


I started by using a large handmade scalloped template to cut round some Bo Bunny paper which I stuck to the plain dark card stock backing.  Then I layered different patterned paper and plain card, some of which I distressed but kept to a mainly blue theme. The doily was sprayed with Cosmic Shimmers Vintage Mist in Astral Mystery and Patina and with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.  The die cuts are all from Cricut cartridges: the title from Gypsy Wanderings Font, the parcels, Santa Sleigh and tree from the Christmas cartridge, the hearts from Indie Art, the scalloped frames and mats from Elegant Edges and the journaling tag is from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.

Blogger Templates


No comments: