Tuesday, 4 September 2012

The Last Days of Summer at Crafty Individuals

Pop over to CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS to check out their current challenge 'The Last Days of Summer'.  There's an added bonus for entering this month too!!

I made this trinket box from a very lightweight wooden box I picked up in a charity shop ages ago.  I think I paid 30p for it.  The wood is quite rough but because it is fairly soft I couldn't sand it and so stamping onto the box directly wasn't an option.  So I sprayed a piece of white card with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread and cut a strip to go round the bottom of the box and a circle for the lid.  Then I repeat stamped CI-176 along the strip using black StazOn and glued this round the bottom of the box.


The image on the lid is from CI Miniatures, People and Places 2 and the frame was cut on the Cricut using the Elegant Edges cartridge.  Once these were glued in place I masked out most of the CI-176 stamp, leaving only the small dragonfly which I stamped around the frame in black StazOn.  The metal charm is from   Crafty Individuals bird cage collection.  To finish off the lid I stuck cream lace around the edge and then inked around the top and bottom of the box with VersaMagic chalk ink, Plumeria.


Blogger Templates

8 comments:

Jean Hardy said...

Very nice box Sue, and loving the stamped edge. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow, what a bargain Sue, and what fabulous "altering". Love the stamped border and the lace.
Sylvia x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous alteration Sue and the colours are very reminiscent of a fading summer. Perfect for the CI September challenge, TFS with us.

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
This is so pretty, the soft delicate colours. I need to say "Snap" as you and I used the same stamp sets!.
If you ever run into the same problem again with an item but are unable to cover with cardstock then the simple solution is to paint the item and then stamp onto white tissue paper and apply using a sponge with Johnson & Johnson Klear floor polish. Leave to dry overnight. Nobody will ever know that you didn't actual stamp directly onto the actual surface.
Anyway, I digress!
Thank you for sharing your pretty altered box with us at the CI challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

nefertiti said...

Very beautiful and soft box!!bizz

Rita said...

Your box is fabulous Sue. I love to find things like this too, in fact I have not had a skite around for a while. Hugs Rita xx

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous box and I love the stamps you used, these were the first CI stamps I ever bought !

Daniele said...

just loving your sweet box so glad you joined us at CI
hugs