Sunday, 9 September 2012

Fly With Your Dreams

Whilst clearing out a drawer recently I came across some of my old cross stitch accessories.  I stopped doing cross stitch many years ago when I found it was straining my eyes too much but I kept a lot of my stash 'just in case'.  Amongst the hoard are several small porcelain pots with empty lids ready to fill with beautiful stitched pictures or some lovely paper crafting.  This one is a deep burgundy colour and measures 7.5 cm in diameter.


  After cutting a piece of white card into a circle for the lid I sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmers Vintage Mist in Antique Rose and stamped it with Distress Ink in Pumice Stone and a music score stamp.  Next I took a strip of the same card  and inked half with DI in Milled Lavender and sprayed with the Antique Rose and inked the other half with Fired Brick and sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.  When dry I stamped the whole strip with Crafty Individuals CI-017 script stamp in gold StazOn.  I tore two pieces from the Fired Brick and two pieces from the Milled Lavender, inking the edges of three with gold StazOn and one piece with VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Perfect Plumeria.


I cut out the image from CI Miniatures, People & Places 2 and placed a small piece of cream linen, dyed with cold tea, behind it.  Then I layered all the pieces together finishing with the cream flower and the sentiment stamped on some ribbon sprayed with the Gingerbread Glimmer Mist. The sentiment stamp was free with a Crafty Individuals order.

As this is going to be a Christmas present, I'll make a nice matching gift box and tag which I'll post later in the week.

I'm entering this into two challenges this month: 

where the challenge, is 'Collage' 
and
whose theme is 'Good Things Come in Small Packages'.

Blogger Templates


18 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic idea and a wonderful gift. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Zoe Sanderson said...

Ooh Sue, this is lovely always a good idea to keep hold of things, you just never know. Always pleased to have you join us and love your take on our collage theme at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
This is so beautiful and I could imagine it sitting on a dresser/vanity table.
I also cross-stitched but once I started stamping I found I couldn't devote time to both, sometimes I still get a hankering for picking up a cross-stitch project especially as I still have one underway.
Anyway, I digress!!!
Thank you for sharing such a sweet project with us at FSC this fortnight.
Wishes
Lynne

Esther said...

Hi Sue - what a lovely little Collage, beautiful colours and textures, a lovely gift for Christmas...Thanks so much for sharing with our Collage Challenge at Craft Room and also at FSC...Esther xx

Sue C said...

Gorgeous project Sue, such a perfect way to alter your little jar. Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

hazel said...

You've decorated your pot lid beautifully, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Nicie Ibarra said...

The top of your porcelain pot turned out beautifully!!! Great details! :)

Ellie said...

Gorgeous Sue, what a good idea!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Sue, this is a great project, and will make a lovely gift.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril

Shirl said...

Sue just fabulous and more plus whoever receives this little treasure for Christmas is a very lucky person. Can't wait to see the box you make for it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hi, this is just so delicate and beautiful. Would make wonderful bespoke gifts. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Suzanne :)

Maria said...

Hiya Sue, I've never seen these little pots before but this is so gorgeous, and will make such a beautiful gift. I love how you've put it together, it's a little treasure. Thanks for joining in with our Collage theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Ephemera said...

Hi Sue, what a wonderful idea, so so pretty and delicate. I love it. So perfect for our challenge at FSC, thanks for sharing. xx

Debi said...

Sue, this is just so pretty and perfect! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Claire said...

What a beautiful project, so many lovely little details, a real stunner! Thanks for joining us at FSC this time
Claire xx

Trish Latimer said...

Gorgeous Sue, what a great find! Looks so sweet and elegant, I'm sure the recipient will love it! Trish x

Fliss said...

What a fabulous idea Sue. The stamping and sweet image look so lovely.
Thanks for joining our small packages challenge at FSC.
Hugs, Fliss x

toni said...

A lovely little pot, you've crammed lots of lovely detail into such a small area x