Thursday, 9 August 2012

Through The Dress Shop Window

The current CRAFT ROOM challenge is Fashion which is a nice girly topic so you'd think I'd reach for the pink colours, as I'm still in that colour phase.  However I already had the arched card inked with China Blue Distress Ink and it reminded me of an old-fashioned dress shop window.  Now my intention was to use other colours as well. honestly but as usual, it ended up monochrome - again!!  I really do try to use more colours and I think I am until the piece is finished and there it is: shades of the same.


I sponged some darker blue StazOn through a piece of sequin waste to add more interest and then stamped the chandelier, free with the July 2011 issue of Craft Stamper magazine, in black StazOn.  The small dress form was stamped in blue StazOn and cut from Crafty Individuals' CI-306 stamp   I received the large dress form  in a stamp swap recently and with the addition of the bow it was perfect for this piece.  

The dress and shoes were cut using a Cricut and Gypsy Wanderings cartridge after running the card through a Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.  I added a small piece of darker blue behind the cut-out designs so they stood out more.  


The little metal hanger came off a shop bought die cut and both pieces were added using foam strips. The flapper is Crafty Individuals CI-324 stamped in black StazOn, cut out with some blue highlights and gems added for interest.

Blogger Templates


7 comments:

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
Lovely little details that are in perfect harmony.
Wishes
Lynne

Zoe Sanderson said...

Monochrome is not the first thing you see on looking at this but rather the overall effect you have created of an (now) old fashioned high end dress shop! The pearl edge to your tag is so elegant and all the touches that only you can bring to a project. thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Debi said...

Sue this is so pretty I love the blue and all the pretty details! thanks for sharing at Craft room challenge, debi x

Esther said...

I love the colours of this tag - you've put the elements together perfectly...Thanks for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Maria said...

This is stunning Sue, I love your dress shop window. You've put everything together so perfectly, and it looks gorgeous in blue. Thanks for joining in with our Fashion theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

hazel said...

A gorgeous tag, I love the colour and all the little details. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

craft-roomjulia said...

This is beautiful Sue, I especially love the pearl edging. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxx