Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Just A Quickie

Good grief, how time flies.  I've just realised how long it's been since my last post.  

Louise was home the last week of the summer break, then I did some more decorating at the weekend and now I'm back at work and it's taking a while to get back into the swing of things.  Anyway, enough excuses.  This is a quick post with pictures of a double-page scrapbook layout in my Madeira holiday album.  All the pictures were taken at a convent, dating from the late 15 century and which was breathtakingly beautiful.

I used papers from a Tim Holtz 12" x 12" paper pad, can't remember which one though, and distressed the edges then matted the photos onto a slightly darker brown card.  


This is the left-hand page with part of the title which runs across both pages.


The sub-title 'Hidden Treasures' is on a large pull-out journaling tag which also hides another photo underneath.

My holiday albums are for showcasing our favourite photos and to remind us of the lovely places we visited. I let the photos do the talking, with factual journaling about the visit.  Hence, no fancy embellishments or titles.  I save those for family and other fun layouts.

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
Beautiful L.O.s of your recent holiday.
Wishes
Lynne