Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Capture A Butterfly

I'm finally on the last leg of my marathon, 6 year decorating stint.  Yes, the end of the hallway is in sight.  And speaking of which, we have an enormous and quite old, wooden framed mirror at one end of our hallway which I suspect would bring down the entire wall if we tried to remove it.  There's nothing wrong with it so I've decided to paint it a deep, rich red to break up the cream of the walls.

I felt something red was needed to counterbalance this the other end of the hallway, so I made this butterfly hanging using a canvas and two pieces of ATC sized Stampbord.   I painted the canvas using artist's quality red acrylic paint then stamped over the top using black StazOn and Crafty Individuals CI-017 script stamp.


I masked off a border round the Stampbord and painted the centre with the same acrylic paint then painted the border using black paint.  I stamped the same script stamp over the red, having stamped lightly onto paper first, then stamped the borders and butterflies using VersaMark and black embossing powder.  The top butterfly is CI-061and the other is from the August issue of Craft Stamper Magazine.

I'm entering this into the current FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES 'Anything Goes' challenge.  Click the the link or scroll down the sidebar for their button.

Blogger Templates


3 comments:

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
A wonderful idea to create a piece of art to balance out the mirror.
Thank you for joining us at FSC with this beautiful piece of wall art.
Wishes
Lynne

Ellie said...

Lovely canvas... nice way to use ATC's...

xxx Ellie xxx

ps thanks for joining us at FSC!

Terry said...

Now this is a beautiful wall decoration! What a clever idea and I love the richness of the red and black. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!