Thursday, 5 July 2012

Mark It On Your Calendar

I don't know about you but the weather has been so dreary lately that I've started thinking about Christmas gifts.  I decided to make a wall and desk calendar, both in different styles and as I'm going to be really busy for a while, this is the first of several scheduled posts showing the wall calendar.


I used textured card stock for the backing and then cut the frame using the Cricut and Elegant Edges Cartridge, which I then put through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The monthly calendar tabs are double-sided and mounted onto contrasting card with ribbons sandwiched between the two layers to make it easy to pull them out and change them.  

I mounted the frame onto a double layer of 3D foam strips with a piece of acetate attached to the back to make a window.  The corsetry images are stamped using Crafty Individuals' CI-306, the other stamps are from assorted sets.

It's easy to make your own calendars as their are plenty of free printable sites out there but I used http://www.printfree.com/Calendars.htm

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
Bravo to you for being so organised - I need to knuckle down and start planning cards/gifts but not nearly as motivated as you.
This is beautiful, a perfect gift in fact.
Wishes
Lynne