Sunday, 22 July 2012

Hoist The Main Sail - I'm Home

I'm back from my hols in sunny Madeira.  We had a lovely break with bright blue skies and warm temperatures and now it's back to cardigans and the electric blanket.  You think I'm joking!!

I've uploaded all the pics and am starting to sift through to find the ones to put in my album.  I decided to start with pictures of the lovely big sailing boats we saw in Funchal harbour and am entering this page into the current Fashionable Stamping Challenges 'Let's Get Messy and Inky'.


I used a pen top and blue StazOn to make the circles around the edge of the page and then layered the backing paper on top.  The right-hand side being white paper was stamped with a script image in Pumice Stone Distress Ink.

The ship image was heat embossed and it hides the journaling tag which is also stamped with the script.  The faint waves across the page were made using the wavy line cutter from my Carl paper trimmer dipped, very carefully I might add, onto the blue StazOn inkpad.

I cut the title using the Cricut and Gypsy Wanderings font and used 'Sun' and the letter 'S' as stencils through which I dabbed French Ultramarine acrylic paint.   The shells and word 'sea' were stamped onto acetate using black StazOn and then cut out.

Blogger Templates



8 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

Welcome home Sue, the sun has just come out this week-end so hope you will not need cardie and electric blanket for long!

Fantastic page love all the details you created giving it great atmosphere. Those ships must be a wonderful sight. XOXO Zoe

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful maritim feeling, love the colors.

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Sue, Not only were you getting inky and messy, but so creative as well. It looks like you had heaps of fun playing with inks and you really get the feel of the sea on this piece.
Thankyou for joining in our inky and messyness at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight
Dot x

Shirl said...

Sue such a clever use of the pen top also the ink on the wavy line cutter - will have to give this a go lol.

This album is going to be gorgeous when all the pages are put together.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful way to preserve the memories of your holiday and BTW I know you are not joking about the electric blanket - I have been using a hot water bottle!
I like your use of the bottle top.
Thank you for sharing your LO with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Amir Hamja said...

Very nice post.really very very nice post.I liked this post.



http://www.bmvintageshaving.com/

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous page, your inky background with the pen top and wavy cutter is a great idea.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril

Fliss said...

A fabulous creation Sue. Thanks for getting messy and inky with FSC.
Fliss x