Thursday, 26 July 2012

Buttons and Bows

Over at CRAFT ROOM the current challenge is 'Buttons & Bows', which seemed the perfect way to recycle a mini canvas which I decorated a couple of years ago but felt was looking a bit tired.

I decided to use a monotone colour scheme and opted for blue as I had a pack of these tiny, spotted blue buttons, perfect for the mini canvas.


I tore off the pieces of paper from the original decoration which left a nice textured finish and then painted the whole canvas with pale blue and white acrylic paint.  I then sprayed it with a little glimmer mist in Sapphire which I diluted slightly with water.  

When dry I used the small heart stamps and Distress Ink in Broken China and blue StazOn to add some extra detail. I drew round a small heart shape to give me a guide and then stuck the buttons on using Glossy Accents, adding a few spare buttons here and there.  To finish, I edged the canvas with dark blue ribbon and added the bow. 
Blogger Templates


7 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

Fabulous little canvas Sue love it! XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

Wow, this is beautiful Sue! I love the button heart, and the background of your canvas is lovely. Thanks for joining in with our Buttons & Bows challenge over at the Craft-Room.

Maria x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Snap...lol:) What can I say but I love your heart of buttons as that's exactly what I did. You have created one gorgeous Canvas so thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room challenge this fortnight. Suzanne :)

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
Such a fabulous little canvas.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

I love your canvas especially the button heart. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Debi said...

Sue, what a super little blue canvas- love the button heart too, thanks for sharing with us again at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Nikki Byrne said...

Such a gorgeous canvas!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge and good luck. hugs

Nikki DT