Monday, 11 June 2012

Pass Me My Bag, I'm Off To The Summer Ball

A Summer's Ball is the new challenge at CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS so pop over and join in.

The bag is made from cream fabric and is just the right size for those essentials items like perfume and lipstick. First I stamped the whole bag with CI-017 script stamp using Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  The image is from Crafty Individuals' Miniatures People & Places 2 book and was stuck on using Glossy Accents with some pearls to finish off.  


The flower was made by roughly cutting out 5 circles, alternating between the cream fabric and some that I dyed with cold tea.  After fraying some of the edges, the petals were stamped with the script and Spiced Marmalade and China Blue Distress Inks.  


Now all I need is my invitation and I'm good to go!
Blogger Templates


8 comments:

Ephemera said...

Hi Sue, this is a stunning little purse, so pretty, love the trim round the top and beautiful flower. xx

stampdiva said...

Sue
Just perfect for a Summer Ball.
The colours you selected are wonderful for a summer theme and I really do like your handmade flower embellishment.
Thank you for joining us at the CI Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
I wanted to say thank you for continuing to visit my Blog even when I haven't managed to be active in Blogland.
Wishes
Lynne

Jean Hardy said...

Oooo nice little bag Sue - we might have to share it at the ball - I'll pop my lippy in there too! Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jean

Rita said...

What a gorgeous purse Sue, just perfect for a Summer Ball. Hugs Rita xxx

Daniele said...

every irl need a pretty purse for the ball, love te fringin so glad you joined us at Crafty Indiviuals this month
hugs

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great job creating this little "purse". I just love that blue with the cream colour!!! Gorgeous!

kjjc said...

lovely creation. very tempted to have a go at altering some canvas.