Friday, 4 May 2012

Underneath the Arches

I didn't realise how long it had been since I last posted but work's been hectic, home's been hectic, computer's been slow (not yet saying no!) and I've been tired.  But that's enough of the moans, groans and excuses.

Via the the lovely work of Effie over at EfemerInk, I've discovered Gothic Arches Challenge Blog.  This is a fortnightly challenge blog with different themes all of which involve Gothic arch-shaped card.  Now I don't know if there is a standard size for Gothic arches and a google search provided no information, so I'm entering this piece for fun just to test the water.  I'm sure if it's not eligible someone will tell me. 

The current theme is 'Snap Happy', requiring either a photo or a digital image.  As I've never tried this before and am unsure of the conventions,  I made a simple arch from pale green pearlescent card which I ran through the Cuttlebug to emboss.  After swiping the embossed card with olive green StazOn ink I attached a lovely image from Crafty Individuals, People and Places Miniatures 2 and a few flowers dotted around seemed more than enough adornment.


Blogger Templates


9 comments:

Glitter Monkey said...

This is a beautiful arch Sue - lovely soft colours. There are no rules for our challenges - anything goes!! Thank you for supporting Gothic Arches. Lynn ♥

stampdiva said...

This is beautiful Sue.
If it is the same challenge site as I used to participate in then any arch shape is acceptable.
Wishes
Lynne

Effie said...

That's one very pretty arch, glad you joined us. There is a link in the sidebar on the GA blog for a downloadable template! There are a few different shapes. Hope you can play along next time.
Effie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely!

Deborah said...

Love the mix of bright and vintage colours on your arch. BTW there isn't a size you have to make it to, and you may have noticed that the arch shapes vary, not just strictly gothic.

Scrapmate said...

What a pretty arch, the flowers complement the image beautifully. There aren't any strict rules on sizes or shapes (not for this challenge anyway), on the right hand side of the blog are some links to different templates to download if you feel like a different shape next time.

My name is Cindy said...

Very pretty!! I havethat little leaf punch I think, I find it very useful. Reminds me I should have a go at this Challenge, keep forgetting to check it out.

PaisleyPeacock said...

Absolutely beautiful and such a lovely interpetation.

Ellen said...

love the embossed background you made and those subtle colours. watch out...making arches can become another addiction.