Thursday, 17 May 2012

Black and White Gothic Arches

The current theme at GOTHIC ARCHES is Black and White, other than that anything goes.  

I decided on a playing card theme, after dismissing several others as being a bit twee and safe.  I don't know why but the arch shape makes me want to move away from my comfort zone of vintage style.  I'm not sure if I'll keep it up but I think it's an added dimension to the challenge for me, so I'm going with it - for the moment anyway!

I cut the black arch using the Cricut and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge.  I used a free stamp from Craft Stamper magazine to stamp across the white playing card then tore a piece of news print from an article about animals (seemed appropriate).  I stamped the cat from the same stamp, added the die cut spades from the Indie Art cartridge and finally added the typed wording. 

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Looks fab, Sue. The cat silhouette stamp is really effective.

Yvonne said...

awww, love this, Sue!

Effie said...

I love things with cats....and that's a lovely shaped arch.
Thanks for playing along.
Effie

Scrapmate said...

Interesting take on the B&W theme, I didn't think of playing cards (duh!).

Glitter Monkey said...

I love your use of this stamp here - I have yet to ink mine up lol!! Great arch - love the shape. Thank you for supporting Gothic Arches and I am so pleased that you feel the challenge is inspiring you. That is exactly what I got from it years ago when I first started joining in!! Lynn ♥