Sunday, 22 April 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things - Stamps & Inks


I haven't done any scrapbooking for ages even though I have loads of piccies still waiting for inspiration.  So when I saw the current Craft Room challenge 'Ink it', asking for projects using rubber stamps I felt it would be perfect for a scrapbook layout.  To join in the fun click HERE or scroll down the side bar for their button.


I started with a 12" x 12" piece of mulberry coloured card stock and inked round the edges using black StazOn and a swirl stamp I bought in America some years ago.  Using the same stamp and Distress Ink in Milled Lavender, I stamped round the edges of the cream card stock.  I then stamped  a music score panel using the same ink to the left of the cream card.  I painted the large chipboard 'S' with Craig & Rose Opulence pearlised silk paint in Rich Sari, bought from the DIY store, stamped with the same stamp and black StazOn and then edged it with gold Pen-touch.  The rest of the word was stamped in black StazOn underneath using a SeeDs alphabet stamp set.



The stamped images were always going to be the 'photos' on this layout and I decided to create a background paper that co-ordinated with the main page colour to stamp onto.  So using 200gsm smooth white card and the Milled Lavender, I inked the card and then spritzed it with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.  This is a combo I use a lot for its vintage effect and it definitely gave the stamped images a distressed feel. 

On the large centre panel I used another all time favourite, Crafty Individuals CI-017 script stamp and Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.  I stamped the Eiffel Tower, by Clarity Stamps, using black StazOn onto creased, cream linen which I dyed using cold tea to showcase another medium to stamp onto.  

I wanted to use a selection of stamps for the other images, including the sentiment stamps and use heat embossing and acetate to represent the versatility of stamping.

The journaling was typed using Engravers MT font and reads: 

 Stamping is: versatile, for every occasion.  Use on canvass, acetate, wood, cloth.  Heat Emboss.  It's Inky, Messy and above all - great fun!

Other stamps used:

CI-267 - tree
CI-295 - ship
CI-332 - reindeer
CI-131 - little girl (stamped onto acetate)
Edwardian Lady a free gift from Crafty Individuals
Watch, flower (stamped onto acetate) and butterfly (heat embossed) - free stamps from Craft Stamper Magazine
Fan from a set of Chinese stamps by Kanban
Sentiment stamps from Woodware 

Blogger Templates


6 comments:

stampdiva said...

This layout definitely highlights why we are passionate about stamping, you summed it up perfectly when you say it is the versatility.
Great use of stamps.
Wishes
Lynne

Zoe Sanderson said...

Fantastic layout Sue fabulous stamping love all the layers and interest here. Thank you for making and sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

Debi said...

Sue, this is lovely and I love all the texture and details you've added thanks for joining us again at craft room challenge, debi x

Maria said...

This is fabulous Sue, I love your layout and how you've used the wonderful vintage images. The sentiment at the top is great. Thanks for joining in with our Ink It Up challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck in the draw.

Maria x

Nikki Byrne said...

Brilliant page and fab stamping :o) thank you for joining us at Craft room challenge for our ink it challenge, good luck. hugs
NIKKI DT

Suzanne Brookfield said...

Hi Sue..your page is a stunner. I love all the layers and detail you have added. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Craft Room challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)