Friday, 6 April 2012

Let The Music Play On

The Craft Room have a Music theme for their current challenge.  Click HERE to take part or scroll down to their button on the sidebar.  I think this is such a great theme because the sky's the limit to interpret this in any way you like.  

As I enjoy creating vintage-style pieces, I thought a nice little wall hanging would be great and decided to use a mixture of stamping, chipboard pieces, paper and an image.

I started by covering the chipboard base with a piece of sheet music received from the lovely Lynne at Adorn.  I painted this with a watery coating of designer's white gouache to give an opaque look and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  As soon as  I saw the violin image in my miniatures book I knew it would be perfect and mounted it into a pre-cut frame.  




I painted the die cut music tags with gouache, stamped them with black StazOn and then highlighted the edges with gold Pen-touch.  I used 3D foam strips to mount these, adding an extra layer of foam to the uppermost tag so it was raised up from the single note tag beneath.  A few pale pearls and the ribbon hanging completed the project.

Blogger Templates

8 comments:

stampdiva said...

Sue
Nothing quite as satisfying as using bits 'n' pieces - glad that the sheet music was useful and it really is a perfect background for this chap.
This would be wonderful for anyone interested in music.
Wishes
Lynne

Debi said...

sue, this is a great creation, I love how it's sounashamedly about music, and love the glitter, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

Suzanne Brookfield said...

Hello, your hanging is gorgeous, particularly the subtle colouring and the music notes cut into the tags. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Craft Room music challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)

hazel said...

I love everything about your hanging Sue - its fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Maria said...

This is a gorgeous wall-hanging Sue! The tags look fantastic and I love how you've framed the image. Thanks for joining in with our Mucic Challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck in the draw.

Maria x

Zoe Sanderson said...

Wonderful hanging Sue the music sheet background right up to the cut out notes. thank you for making and sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

craft-roomjulia said...

This is just so beautiful, I love the soft tones and the way you have used the music notes. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxx

Esther said...

You're right, the miniature is just right, gorgeous wall hanging with beautiful soft colours..Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx