Sunday, 11 March 2012

A Vintage, Shabby Craft Room Challenge

Over at Craft Room, the current challenge is Vintage, Shabby.  Click HERE to take part.

I decided on a tag and having picked some cream pearlescent card I knew this image from Crafty Individuals Miniatures, People and Places 2 would be perfect for what I had in mind.


Now yesterday Keith and I had a great day at the Creative Stitches and Hobbycraft fair at the SECC in Glasgow.  I could've spent a fortune but you'll be glad to hear I was very good and stuck to my budget (more or less).  One of my purchases was a Cuttlebug which I wanted purely for embossing and so was desperate to use it.  So the pearlescent card went through and was embossed with tiny daisies, which I then brushed lightly with Milled Lavender Distress Ink.

A small square of cream crotchet lace, some pearls, a couple of pale flowers and some stamping using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo completed the look.

Blogger Templates


8 comments:

stampdiva said...

So very pretty!
Great that you have used your new purchase straight away. Always fun to have new goodies to play with.
Wishes
Lynne

Esther said...

Great Tag Sue - love all those vintagy, pretty elements and your flowers are gorgeous..Thanks for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Stunning creation!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

Zoe Sanderson said...

Enjoy your new bug the embossing is fabulous. Love your tag the girls look happy it's spring. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love how you've put it all together, and the embossed daisies are lovely. I see you're going to have fun with your Cuttlebug! Thanks for joining in with our Shabby Vintage theme at the Craft-Room Challenge and good luck.

Maria x

Nikki Byrne said...

Stunning tag, just beautiful, love the colours, Thank you so much for joining us at craft-room challenge and hope to see you again.
hugs

Nikki DT

Karen said...

That is so pretty, wonderful colours, I love it hugs karen

hazel said...

This is wonderful, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.