Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Thank You, Times Four

If you're a fan of Craft Stamper Magazine, you'll remember Linda Elbourne's fabulous project in the March 2012 issue, Binding Blossoms which has four arched panels, stamped, decorated with flowers and bound with ribbon.  I loved this idea so when I wanted to make a special thank you card I decided it would be perfect and although I followed Linda's instructions, I chose different colours and stamps to make it my own.

I used Distress Ink in Fired Brick to colour the white card stock which I sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread before stamping using StazOn ink in red and black for all the images.



  Both sides of the panels were stamped randomly with Crafty Individual's Script stamp CI-017 and the outside panels only were stamped with a Kanban blossom stamp (also used as the background for the Art Nouveau Lady), then I used a piece of sequin waste to stamp the spots.  On top of this I stamped images on the inside panels using the following stamps:  

Eiffel Tower and Art Nouveau Lady, Clarity Stamps 
Butterfly Crafty Individuals CI-061
 Postcard, Crafty individuals, free gift
Twigs and Dandelions, Inkylicious
Sentiment stamps from Crafty Individuals and Inkylicious


And the perfect card needs, of course, the perfect envelope or in this case an envelobox, using the Crafter's Companion Envelobox Creator board.  I used a dotty embossed card stock and added a simple ribbon tie and  tag to complete the gift.



Blogger Templates



1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Sue
This is gorgeous. Anyone would wish they were on the receiving end of this card/gift. Beautiful art, beautiful way of presenting.
Wishes
Lynne