Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Make It For A Child at Fashionable Stamping Images

At Fashionable Stamping Images the challenge is 'Make it for a Child', interpreted anyway you like.  Click HERE to take part.  

Now I don't really have any young children in the immediate family and at first I was stumped as to what to make but then I thought of a bookmark; probably because we've just had World Book Day and I'm on the literacy working party at work, preparing the library for it's official opening on Friday.  


I wanted to use a selection of generic children's book character images and so started by stamping the fairy castle image at either end of the bookmark using Distress Ink in Broken China.  This was a recent free stamp from Craft Stamper Magazine.  Then I added the other images using a mixture of black and blue StazOn and Distress Ink in Vintage Photo for the little girl's image.  I then masked over all these and stamped the script over the top using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.  I die cut the lettering using the Cricut and the Don Juan cartridge and used the same script stamp and red StazOn.

Blogger Templates


7 comments:

Sue C said...

Fabulous book mark Sue ! I love the idea and the images are perfect ! Thanks for joining us at the FSC. Sue C x

Dots Dabbles said...

Making a bookmark is the perfect choice for something for a child! I love how you have stamped book characters...and I especially love the masking technique that you have used...the script finishes off a bookmark perfectly.
Thankyou for joining us this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Dot x

Ephemera said...

Hi Sue, what a great idea, love all the different stamping & such soft vintage tones, beautiful. I forget to use the craftstamper freebies, so I need to search them out now. Thanks so much for joining us at FSC. XX

Mrs.B said...

Hi Sue, this is a lovely bookmark. Great use of the various stamps and colours creating lots of interest.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a great idea, looks really fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic idea to make a book mard, love the stamps you used. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Meggymay/Yvonne

stampdiva said...

Your free stamps were put to good use on this pretty tag.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne