Friday, 16 March 2012

Let's Play at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Yes it's playtime, or should I say, eyes down because the current challenge is Play Bingo which means you choose a line on the board to determine which elements you incorporate into your piece.  Click HERE to check out the blog and take part.

Obviously there are elements from other lines on the board on my project but the line I chose to 'play' was the vertical line:  show some metal, lace and words.   

Now you know me, I'm always trying to do something a bit different and this time I decided to decorate an old candle that had been lying around in the drawer.  It was a cream candle so I lightly coloured the top with red StazOn ink then cut a sleeve to fit round it from white card stock.  I inked the edges with the red StazOn and coloured lightly and unevenly the rest of the sleeve as well.  Then I stamped it with a music score stamp using a VersaMark ink pad and dusted three shades of mica powder over the top.  I secured this round the candle, gluing the overlap with Matt Accents.  Next I glued the cream lace around the top of the candle, then crossed the two ends over at the back and then tied  into a bow at the front.


I die eight tags using the Cricut and the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge; four in white card and four in red mirri board slightly bigger than the white ones.  I inked the edges of the white card tags in red StazOn using a piece of Cut & Dry foam and smudged more red over the tags before spraying them with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.  When dry I stamped the images and words using black StazOn and then glued these to the mirri board tags to create charms.


I hung the charms at different heights from the lace using roughly twisted gold jewellery wire.  I used a gold wire earring post and some small gold seed beads to mount the red glass heart on the top of the candle where the wick is.



Blogger Templates


4 comments:

stampdiva said...

Sue
Gorgeous and I am thinking if you can bear to part with it this would be a beautiful gift.
Wonderful stamping and of course lace, well you can never go wrong with lace!!!
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic piece of art. Great elements and stamping.
Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

jackid said...

Hi Sue hope you are well sorry not been over in a while had trouble with my blog and stuff
wow you have worked wonders on this candle love it a beautiful piece have a great week
Jacki xx

Yvonne Garner said...

This really is different! How clever and creative! Thank you for joining us at FSC! Best wishes, Yvonne