Saturday, 31 March 2012

Dress It Up A Bit

I don't know about you but I always feel that giving money or a voucher as a gift is an easy option but it's not always possible to buy a present.  So why not make a lovely envelope to make the contents special and after the voucher or money have been used, the envelope can be kept as a reminder.  Making envelopes and gift boxes is so easy with the Crafter's Companion Envelobox Creator Board and I made these two flat envelopes to take money.  

For this one I used a pale yellow swiss dotted card stock which I over-stamped with large flowers in orange StazOn, using a blossom element from a Kanban Chinese stamp set.  I ran the orange and green card through the Cuttlebug using an embossing folder to give them extra texture and then used Crafty Individual's stamp CI-131 for the main image.  The dandelion and sentiment is from an Inkylicious set and the raised blossoms are from the Kanban set.


For the next envelope I used a washed out green and orange striped card stock and again over-stamped with the same Kanban stamp as above, this time in black StazOn.  I used another piece of the green embossed card and a picture from Crafty Individual's Miniatures, People and Places 2.  The little girl's clothes made me think of a farm, I think it must be the dungarees, so I wrapped some raffia around the card before sticking it to the envelope. The green petals of the flower have been stamped with CI-017, script stamp and then layered with plain petals and finished with a pale green button.  Next I stamped the funky flowers and butterfly, which I coloured lightly using orange StazOn, onto acetate.  Finally I twisted some short strips of raffia and glued them underneath the flower to continue that 'down on the farm' impression.



I'm entering this envelope into the current challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges which is 'Spring is in the Air'.  To take part click HERE or scroll down the sidebar for their button.

Blogger Templates


4 comments:

M said...

Your envelopes are gorgeous!

Mrs.B said...

What a great idea.
Two lovely envelopes Sue, and the 'down on the farm' image is just perfect for our Spring challenge.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

Fliss said...

These are so pretty and such a lovely idea too. Gorgeous images and colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at the FSC Spring challenge and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
A lovely idea as a way to present money/voucher, makes it all the more special.
Lovely use of the CI items and the colours are full of the joys of Spring.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne